U.S. Constitution

U.S. Constitution
The voice of the people

01 March 2017

Introduction

Thank you for checking into my new blog. I hope there will be some interesting discussions and debates here, so I'll introduce myself so visitors can know what to expect.

My name is Richard Brown. I am retired from a career in higher education and also from a secondary career in journalism, as both a writer and a support person.

My primary reason for launching this blog is to bring to public attention, as much as I am able, the lies, doublespeak, obfuscation and misdirection that pass for policy in the Trump administration. I do not pretend to have a huge voice or a great audience. But great changes are made one mind at a time. If I can make some small changes I'll be content.

I am compelled to speak out to those who will hear, mindful of Edmund Burke's aphorism, "All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."

I am philosophically a populist and constitutionalist, and politically a Democrat. I'm proud to be characterized a liberal, as all who believe in the rights of individuals and progressive policies should be.

So what does that make me? A bleeding heart? Absolutely, if that means I am deeply compassionate toward my fellow humans. A tree hugger (does anyone actually say that anymore)? Yes, if that means being concerned for the environment and the future of planet Earth. A Commie? Oh, please--I have been a card-carrying member of the ACLU, though.

I'm not a politician. I'm a foot soldier for the causes of truth and honesty in government, and have worked off and on for a variety of campaigns beginning with that of Eugene McCarthy.

I hope people with differing opinions will come here to join in discussion. You are welcome.
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/e/edmundburk136431.html
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/e/edmundburk136431.html

No comments:

Post a Comment