U.S. Constitution

U.S. Constitution
The voice of the people

31 July 2020

Down The Rabbit Hole

Apologies for my spotty attendance this past week. Life just has a habit of getting in the way of things. By way of recompense I offer a potpourri of weird, silly and sick quotes from the Clown-in-Chief. All but the first and last were uttered during his presidency.

You've likely seen many of these already, but hey, they're still amusing. Think of it as comic relief from the Trumpverse. 

So here we go. Hang on.

"I will build a great wall--and no one builds walls better than me, believe me--and I will build them very inexpensively. I will build a great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."   CBS News, 6/16/2015

"Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my 'wires tapped' in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!"   Twitter, 3/4/2017

"Let me just say, very simply, I will put it very simply -- the president of the United States has the authority to do what the president has the authority to do which is very powerful. The president of the United States calls the shots."   CNN, 4/14/2020

“If you have a windmill anywhere near your house, congratulations, your house just went down 75 percent in value. And they say the noise causes cancer. You tell me that one, okay?”   Washington Post, April 3, 2019

"As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!)."   Twitter, 10/7/2019

"Anybody that needs a test, gets a test. We--they're there. They have the tests. And the tests are beautiful."   The Hill, 3/6/2020

“Cases are going up in the U.S. because we are testing far more than any other country.”   Frequently in many places

“I loved my previous life. I had so many things going. This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier.”   Reuters, 8/28/17

“Why would Kim Jong-un insult me by calling me ‘old,’ when I would NEVER call him ‘short and fat?’ Oh well, I try so hard to be his friend - and maybe someday that will happen!”   Twitter, 11/8/2017

"To Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!"   Twitter, 7/22/2018

“There is a cooling and there is a heating, and I mean, look: It used to not be climate change. It used to be global warming…That wasn’t working too well, because it was getting too cold all over the place.”   Interview with Piers Morgan, 1/28/2018

"So we have the biggest economy, the greatest economy we have ever had, the highest employment numbers, the best employment numbers, best unemployment numbers, also, the best of everything."   CNN, 4/14/2020

“Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.”   CNN, 11/11/2017

Speaking of his daughter Ivanka: "Yeah, she's really something, and what a beauty, that one. If I weren't happily married and, ya know, her father . . ."   Rolling Stone, September 2015

Whew! Are you not entertained?


--- Diogenes, 7/31/2020






 


No comments:

Post a Comment